Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Another year passes....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

Another year passes.... Empty
PostSubject: Another year passes....   Another year passes.... EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:42 pm

Another calendar year ticks over.
Despite claims of an operational, but rudimentary, tracking at the end of 2022. No further progress has been made.

Testing has been non existent, with either Bugs frailty and susceptibility to temperature being responsible, (possibly the QED's issue also) or Goldman's inability to drive without incident, (a minor bingle with no serious injury) being used as excuses for the majority of the year.(when he wasn't interstate detecting with his "wifes" gpx 6000)

I know of several QED owners that eagerly sent machines to either Bugs or Goldman for an upgrade early in 2023, that are yet to have them altered and returned!! Or were turned away after a long drive down.

I've given up on my 2 machines. Hoping to recoup a little cash with coil sales. But with the release of the 6000....Coils are obsolete and devalued also.

Another life lesson I guess. study Smile
Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

Another year passes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another year passes....   Another year passes.... EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 9:21 pm

While reminiscing about my QED experiences, I found myself on a reference (QED site) regarding an upgrade in early 2019 (talk about ancient history..lol) to a hardware change enabling the QED to utilise doule D and concentric coils!?

In my naivety when this was announced I thought great!!
Not realising that the QED was a single frequency pulse detector....
To get the best benefit from DD or CC coils dual frequency is a minimum requirement.
The ability to run a DD or CC coil on a single frequency was not utilising the coils abilities....Simply restricting the coil to a mono function to suit the QED..!!
No benefit was gained..!!

I have also noticed that this was a pre Aug 2019, and that no updates to the Homepage have been made....Despite the plethora of upgrades since... Is FNQP even still involved??

I can't help but think the QED has missed it's opportunity, (through it's inconsistent testing and build quality), to take the place it deserved in Aus PI detecting history.(just my opinion). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com

Another year passes....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Just Detecting Aus :: Metal Detector Chat :: QED PI Metal Detector-
Jump to: