Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Signal enhancers and boosters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

Signal enhancers and boosters Empty
PostSubject: Signal enhancers and boosters   Signal enhancers and boosters EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 7:13 pm

Picked up a Gold Snitch signal booster from The Prospectors Depot today.
Never really used a prospecting specific booster before. (tried a few small amps on the QED without finding much benefit).
Gave it a small go this arvo with SP headphones and was pleasantly surprised to find I could make a variety of sensitivity volume and threshold changes, with the booster allowing me to still hear a signal, but reducing the ground noise that accompanies running these settings at a higher level.

Still early days, and some new sounds to get used to using new sound gear, but I'm thinking this could have a positive benefit on future results. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

Signal enhancers and boosters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signal enhancers and boosters   Signal enhancers and boosters EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 5:05 am

After further testing with the booster, I struggled to find a way to use it and gain benefit, compared to the settings I've had success with, on the ground I detect. (east of GT).

While similar results could be achieved with the booster by detuning the zed. After running a noisy machine and getting a feel/ear for the different ground noises, taking it back to smooth and boosting always left doubt in my mind that I could be getting more out of it.

I spoke to and read about numerous experienced zed users, some see a benefit (mostly those in WA), and others don't feel the need.

I think at this point I'll stick with my natural hearing and a standard zed. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com

Signal enhancers and boosters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Just Detecting Aus :: General Chat-