Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Respect copyright laws.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
doug

Respect copyright laws. Empty
PostSubject: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 12:22 pm

PP do you own the copyright to he algoforce picture with the nuggets?
Back to top Go down
doug

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 3:55 pm

Copyright 1998 - 2023 Steve Herschbach Powered by Invision Community
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 4:34 pm

Oh hello Penis.

I believe you are referring to this... https://pricklygold.forumotion.com/t153-more-e1500-finds

I have spoken to Steve, and as long as a link to the original post is provided..(which it is!)..No probs.
As a member of the forum I'm entitled to reference and quote what I read. As anybody is with any media. Rolling Eyes Wink

Ps. I don't think Ned would mind either. By who's authority do you question?! farao lol!

Edit: Since when have you been concerned about posting DP content and/or links?

DASENATOR 777 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 4:42 pm

Hey Penis...

Why don't you send a link to both Steve and Ned and let them know.

I will abide by their wishes not yours.! Razz

Back to top Go down
doug

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 5:08 pm

Respect copyright laws.
Why have this in your forum rules when you clearly don't!
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 pm

You're a Douche !!lol!

I have permission and rights.tongue
How am I breaking any laws you faking liar and conspiracy theorist!! scratch

Back to top Go down
doug

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 5:54 pm

You are breaking the law! All posts on forums are considered as original works and are automatically copyrighted to the author under the Australian Copyright Act.They cannot be reproduced without the consent of the author even if the links are provided. So you are happy to break the law when it suits!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:02 pm

doug wrote:
So you are happy to break the law when it suits!!!!!

Sure.. Wink

If I know I won't get caught! tongue
(and nobody gets hurt!)

But I'm breaking no law... Annoying you is legal in all states and territories! lol!

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:24 pm

doug wrote:
Copyright 1998 - 2023 Steve Herschbach Powered by Invision Community

"Unless the content is in the public domain, someone who posts it without permission and/or attribution may be liable for copyright infringement."
I have permission, and post with attribution.... And it's 2024! tongue Wink

Back to top Go down
doug

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 7:00 pm

"But I'm breaking no law." You are! I do not give you permission to reproduce ANY of my AEGPF forum posts here even if linked. I am following legal advice which says that as a first step I must give you this notice.
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 8:09 pm

doug wrote:
"But I'm breaking no law." You are! I do not give you permission to  reproduce ANY of my AEGPF forum posts here even if linked. I am following legal advice which says that as a first step I must  give you this notice.

I'm sorry.. I have no idea who an anonymous guest might be, what material you are referring to, or your involvement with said alphabet!
You would have to message with full disclosure of your name, a picture of the offending post, and your reasons for wanting your FAKE DETECTOR FINDS taken down. Assuming you are the Doug (aka penis) from the alphabet forum. Cool  Very Happy

Edit. You would have to join! Wink tongue

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 9:42 am

Just FYI Penis!

"Are screenshots considered fair use?
Fair use is extremely favorable to most use of screenshots. Here's why: First factor: Criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research are favored purposes under the first factor. If you use a screenshot for one of these purposes, that weighs in favor of fair use.10 Apr 2023"

You keep barking at the moon though. Rolling Eyes Wink

Back to top Go down
doug

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:11 am

Legal opinion
Fair use is a statutory provision that provides that a use of copyright material does not infringe copyright if it is ‘fair’, and that when considering whether the use is fair, certain principles or ‘fairness factors’ must be considered. The provision also includes a list of ‘illustrative purposes’.

Just because a use falls into one of the categories of illustrative purpose, does not mean that such a use will necessarily be fair. It does not even create a presumption that the use is fair. So taking a sc may still be considered as unfair and in breach of copyright!
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:30 am

Whatever you say Penis.

Look, I can also google.... "The fourth factor considers the impact of your use on the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. Screenshots are unlikely to decrease demand for the original by acting as a substitute -- they are a small part of the work and don't have the interactivity of the original app or website. In addition, there's generally not a licensing market for use of screenshots. The exception here would be film or television stills, which tend to have stronger licensing markets."

And in Aus.. "What is considered fair use in Australia?
There is no general exception for using copyrighted works just because you're not making any profit. To be considered a use that comes under 'fair dealing', it must be in one of the following categories: Research or study. Criticism or review. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:42 am

And further...

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—

(1) The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for non-profit educational purposes;

(2) The nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:24 pm

doug wrote:
Legal opinion
Fair use is a statutory provision that provides that a use of copyright material does not infringe copyright if it is ‘fair’, and that when considering whether the use is fair, certain principles or ‘fairness factors’ must be considered. The provision also includes a list of ‘illustrative purposes’.

Just because a use falls into one of the categories of illustrative purpose, does not mean that such a use will necessarily be fair. It does not even create a presumption that the use is fair.  So taking a sc may still be considered as unfair and in breach of copyright!

This coming from the biggest copyright thief on the planet, all those youtube vids on your putrid floppum, pictures stolen from various forums, papers stolen from various websites, on and on it goes, your just a dirty old TROLL.
Instead a reading pointless patents which obviously your to stupid to lodge your own patent it seems, start try to rectify your AVOCA ENVIROMENTAL DISASTER, that you and your fellow gnomes did years ago.
See ya daily views are going down down down.
🤣😝👻clown🙉
Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:30 pm

doug wrote:
"But I'm breaking no law." You are! I do not give you permission to  reproduce ANY of my AEGPF forum posts here even if linked. I am following legal advice which says that as a first step I must  give you this notice.
Any posts, videos, papers that ive put on your agpoof floppum are mine and only mine ya gitt, and i give anybody in the world permission to copy reproduce ect ect, but fwit you and your gnome troll associates, this is my notice to you gnomey....
💩💩💩💩💩
Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:33 pm

doug wrote:
PP do you own the copyright to he algoforce  picture with the nuggets?
Go and play on the highway gnomey troll flog. 🤪
Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:40 pm

doug wrote:
Respect copyright laws.
Why have this in your forum rules when you clearly don't!
And you do dont ya knob gobbler 😭😭😭
No one to rave on to, cant get on any other aussie forum as your ip address has been black marked, halfie even got you banned cant see over his fence that must be killing you trollie..
Maybe you shouldnt have taken finders down douchie doug lmfao lmao lol.
Dave will ban ya next when hes finished having his fun with you and putting you CONSTANTLY on show 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:42 pm

doug wrote:
You are breaking the law! All posts on forums are considered as original works and are automatically copyrighted to the author under the Australian Copyright Act.They cannot be reproduced without the consent of the author even if the links are provided. So you are happy to break the law when it suits!!!!!
exactly douche bag copyright to author and not mr copyright yaself, what a spazz 😂😂😂
Back to top Go down
Eddie Current

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 3:17 am

doug wrote:

Yes, the author of a post made to a forum holds the copyright to that post. However, it is widely accepted that quoting that post is perfectly acceptable fair use. For example, I quoted your post above, and that does not violate your copyright. I can even quote a post from another forum:

doug wrote:
I do not give any forum the rights to reproduce ANY of my AEGPF forum posts even if linked.All my posts are copyright and all posts here are copyright to AEGPF.

As much as you would like it to be a violation of your copyright, it is not. Forums are given more copyright latitude because the very nature of forums is to discuss and exchange ideas, and quoting a prior statement (or even image) is a normal part of that process.

Also, you only own the copyright to your own posts. Even as owner of AEGPF, you do not possess a copyright on anyone else's post there, the original poster alone owns it. You have absolutely no grounds for protest if another person's posts is quoted off AEGPF, but then again, the same is generally true for your own posts. This is what forums are intended for, and you would be laughed out of any court if you tried to enforce a strict copyright. You don't have to believe me, you can talk this over with your solicitor and report back what you find.

On a final note, it is also common practice to post copyrighted images on forums. If this is done in the spirit of discussion and/or critique it is generally acceptable fair use, and especially so if the source is cited. But there can be instances where the copyright owner can demand removal. For example, posting a PDF of a complete book, even if for critique, would not be legal.

I hope you will drop this constant whinging about copyrights because, one, you're wrong, and two, nobody cares.

Prickly Prospector and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 2:19 pm

Ya have just been SKOOLED Pardee 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Prickly Prospector likes this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:05 am

Pardee still copy and pasting youtube vids to his dying floppum.
Did you get owners permission pardee ya flog ??????
See views are half of what they were a week ago. 🤣🤣🤣
A disgrace of the human race imho. 💩☠💩

Prickly Prospector likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Respect copyright laws.   Respect copyright laws. Empty

Back to top Go down

Respect copyright laws.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Just Detecting Aus :: Metal Detector Chat :: Personal Peeves-