Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

GPZ Zed Search

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

GPZ Zed Search Empty
PostSubject: GPZ Zed Search   GPZ Zed Search EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 11:04 am

After blowing a skid plate on the NF 12" zedsearch, I have been running the standard 14" DOD.
First thing I noticed was the extra noise. I can't help but wonder if ML relies on machine technology too much, instead of making quality coils.
Depth is comparable,(imo) Though the NF does better on the smalls due to it's quieter running and target response.
Weight difference is noticeable, the stock coil being heavier is preferable for areas where you need to get pushy, but the lighter NF will do nicely in all other cases, and probably extend detecting time.
Looking forward to getting the new skid plate.Smile

yoyo likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

GPZ Zed Search Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPZ Zed Search   GPZ Zed Search EmptyFri May 26, 2023 1:53 pm

Time on turf, (AKA experience) is the one lesson that can't be taught or told.

The amount of times I've gone out close to home, going over the same general area I've been covering for nearly 3 years, to spots I've picked up bits and given good coverage (I thought at the time). With the same settings and setup, but an older and wiser set of ears, I'm still finding nice bits .

Can't fault the Nugget finder 12" Zedsearch though. If you're not finding colour with this coil, your settings are wrong, or there isn't any there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

GPZ Zed Search Empty
PostSubject: Wow!!   GPZ Zed Search EmptySat Jun 24, 2023 9:41 pm

Notorious and undisputed for it's depth and deep big nugget finds as the Z7000 is.
It never ceases to amaze me with it's small gold finds as well, with regular pieces refusing to register on scales that measure to 2 decimal places under a gram.(using 12" zedsearch NF coil)

Even with the standard coil and my relatively new ears, 0.03 & 0.04gm are a regular occurrence.
Hoping to get some time on an Axiom in the second half of the year and a 6000 as well, time and circumstances permitting.
While I don't expect either to match the 7 for overall depth, I'm interested to see if the small gold recovery claims are true. As a predominant chaser of smalls, due to my lack of geology knowledge and difficulty and time picking it up, anything to increase my return for time spent swinging is of interest. Will see how things pan out..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GPZ Zed Search Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPZ Zed Search   GPZ Zed Search Empty

Back to top Go down

GPZ Zed Search
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Just Detecting Aus :: Metal Detector Chat :: Minelab Detectors :: Minelab PI Detectors-
Jump to: