Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Future??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: The Future??   The Future?? EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 pm

What do you think?
Does the QED have a future? Or is it destined to remain an almost awaiting the eternal upgrade? Question

yoyo, Notthegoldman and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
DASENATOR 777

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 10:09 pm

Seems like all the Qed mob have gone silent lately, Brians out busy driving bush tracks, and bugs has been silent espec on the tracking side of things.
If they were serious about finishing off the detector they would have someone in each state testing for atleast 6 months.
That was the one thing that weirded me out when i came onboard in 2018 was that they had 2 testers beaty and wilson and it was all done in Vic.
You herd anything on the grapevine ???? I aint spoken to any of em since all the Quest testing.

yoyo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 6:49 am

That's how Putin will take Austalia!!

Russians pretend to be QED tracking upgrade...Welcomed with open arms! lol!
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 5:26 pm

DASENATOR 777 wrote:
Seems like all the Qed mob have gone silent lately, Brians out busy driving bush tracks, and bugs has been silent espec on the tracking side of things.
If they were serious about finishing off the detector they would have someone in each state testing for atleast 6 months.
That was the one thing that weirded me out when i came onboard in 2018 was that they had 2 testers beaty and wilson and it was all done in Vic.
You herd anything on the grapevine ????  I aint spoken to any of em since all the Quest testing.

Nothing but the usual Howard Rockey reply "When it's ready and thoroughly tested"
Goldman just throws blame on Howard, but at least no longer making promises.
No feedback at all on what testing is being done, or what, if any, progress has been made. Question

DASENATOR 777 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 5:34 pm

Just seen a reply from bugs , still be tested be ready when its ready. Brian goes i just sent you a pm, maybe brian is telling the truth to people via pm so he doesnt shoot himself in the foot with catplap lol

Prickly Prospector likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:35 am

Recent chat feedback sees Goldman and Howard still making adjustments to the Q with no sign of working "tracking" or even testing. Instead changing the features that do work in an effort to regain lost performance from previous tweaks.

The loss of a metal control box with the introduction of the PL4 plastics has been the biggest issue.(IMO)
Without the box playing faraday cage for the board against emi, the PL4 was always going to be noisier.
Strange also that despite the PL4 being the only machine being sold new, testing is done with PL3s??

Why they don't find an Aug 2019 updated machine (it worked) and start again is strange to say the least.
Almost as if Howard refuses to admit that previous tweaks are field failures, and keeps adding to his own problems.
And "GOLDMAN" just keeps nodding along beside him Smile

The sole QED dealer can't even sell the QED to his own family, with both wife and bro buying GPX6000s for last years WA trip. Question

Prickly Prospector, yoyo and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:53 pm

Pl1 box seems the best one imo

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:53 pm

Got into howard yesterday with Dave Gay about tracking and blaming users instead of qed faults, well he wasnt happy, so hes stoped me posting, so ive left the group.
Thinking of starting an un moderated qed facebook page, finding the time will be a hassle.

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Recent chat feedback sees Goldman and Howard still making adjustments to the Q with no sign of working "tracking" or even testing. Instead changing the features that do work in an effort to regain lost performance from previous tweaks.

The loss of a metal control box with the introduction of the PL4 plastics has been the biggest issue.(IMO)
Without the box playing faraday cage for the board against emi, the PL4 was always going to be noisier.
Strange also that despite the PL4 being the only machine being sold new, testing is done with PL3s??

Why they don't find an Aug 2019 updated machine (it worked) and start again is strange to say the least.
Almost as if Howard refuses to admit that previous tweaks are field failures, and keeps adding to his own problems.
And "GOLDMAN" just keeps nodding along beside him Smile

The sole QED dealer can't even sell the QED to his own family, with both wife and bro buying GPX6000s for last years WA trip. Question
I asked brian the exact same thing, he swore that he used several qeds over the trip, everyine else used 6000s he didnt even use his 4000 lmao.
I asked why they were all using 6000s and not qeds as hes a dealer im dam sure theyve swung the qed but decided to buy 6000s, yep not an answer at all.

Back to top Go down
REG WILSON

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 12:21 pm

There is no doubt that the 6000 is a superior detector, but so it should be for the price.
I still believe that the early QEDs were good value for money and an ideal way to get into detecting without large expenditure. Why buy an $8,000 detector only to find that you have limited time for your hobby, or that you have lost interest in it? You would drop the cost of a QED in selling your expensive detector. Well worth keeping your QED for just the occasional use.

Prickly Prospector, yoyo and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 9:39 pm

My pl4 was sent back a few weeks ago when fish killer banned me from forum, still have the pl1 with good pl3 firmware, wonder if catflap will by back for the firmware, be a few hundred qeds out there not running properly imo.

Back to top Go down
REG WILSON

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 11:49 pm

I set up a test bed to see for myself the differences between QEDs with different 'updates' and also those  not updated. The results were confusing with both factory new and those with updates because there were fluctuations between supposedly identical machines and those that had been altered. Two detectors that tested the same, using the same settings, were relatively rare, with the best being impressive and the worst appalling. Early machines mostly showed, in the best cases, surprising depth capabilities but were more difficult to tune. (getting the combination of settings right)
In general a lucky owner would usually have an early model, finically to tune, but good depth.

Prickly Prospector and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 7:34 am

Listed at this years expo again.
I'm sure we'll see Q's being waved around inside, defying EMI and picking up the reo in the floor.
Will we see any sign of a working function 10? Or for that matter, will the AGB button finally work with consistency?

Been very quiet, hopefully Howard and Goldman are testing. Though a little birdie sees Brian out of the State trying to find something. Surprised

DASENATOR 777 likes this post

Back to top Go down
REG WILSON

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 9:12 am

Wasn't Tibooburra the next planned test site? A lot of travelling for little result. Perhaps Bugs is providing Brian with an expense account? The Future?? 1f601

Prickly Prospector and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 12:22 pm

I believe that's the destination, though the motivation eludes me.
I find it hard to comprehend why someone who runs "Gold Tours" in Vic, has to consistently leave the state to find any. clown Question

DASENATOR 777 and REG WILSON like this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 8:53 pm

Because hes a tossa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Future?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future??   The Future?? Empty

Back to top Go down