Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Is Redemption at hand...?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

Is Redemption at hand...? Empty
PostSubject: Is Redemption at hand...?   Is Redemption at hand...? EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 11:15 pm

With claims about the one and only dealer/tester having a pre release product to test, prior to his departure to where we now know to be Tibooburra NSW. (as was the case for his trips to WA over the previous 2 years). QED users have heard nothing re progress from the "Goldman" who i've been told can now make changes without having to return a machine!?
(Running out of excuses)
So it was good to hear that another user with multiple machines has been issued prototype tracking software to test. While he is a relative newcomer to PI and gold detecting even by my standards. He does represent the target market and offer a valuable input and feedback avenue for fellow users. I wish Rod all the best and hope he has time to post his findings here first hand.
(be aware though Rod, I went through the same last year. Only to have my progress with Howard thrown out with Brian's return)

In saying that, I'm still surprised/puzzled that all updates are being tested in PL3 machine bodies. Is anybody actually testing the PL4? Or just the software....

yoyo likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Is Redemption at hand...?   Is Redemption at hand...? EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 4:58 pm

Been Quiet Rod..Hope all is well.?

yoyo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Is Redemption at hand...?   Is Redemption at hand...? EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 5:50 pm

The whisper is......Tracking has been achieved on the QED!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and AGB works too!!)
This is good news indeed for QED owners and potential buyers alike.
While no word has been heard from the Tibooburra tester, word is our good friend Rod has seen and used a QED with a functioning function 10 (tracking). Feedback was second-hand, but sounded cautious.
That said, a working system can be improved. Kudos to Howard if he's got something working.  Very Happy
Much better than wasting his time on bullshit conspiracy theories. Wink
Will send both mine in as soon as I have the opportunity. Will still be interested to see if PL4 can perform at same levels as test machines.
Overall performance is still in question though, with lower modes (faster timing, small gold) 1&2 still causing issues, and bigger coil depth an unknown.
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: Is Redemption at hand...?   Is Redemption at hand...? EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 10:35 pm

Goldman who? He's testing what?

With the chief tester and QED dictator, and a genuine BS artist, disappearing/remaining interstate.
And no progress or results from any tester testing available from 3 years of "tracking"  and upgrade tests interstate.
The QED is finally being tested by those that use it, such as Rod and a few other more experienced Q users.
After a single session today with 2 owners. Tracking was tested, and though found wanting, conclusions were reached via feedback.
Adjustments and further testing within days and weeks can now be made to bring a working and productive version to fruition.(touch wood) Or at least give users current and prospective a better idea of where it's at.
Will let you know, when I know, of any developments. (assuming the BS tester doesn't hold things up again)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Redemption at hand...?   Is Redemption at hand...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Redemption at hand...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Just Detecting Aus :: Metal Detector Chat :: QED PI Metal Detector-
Jump to: