Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Q files......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 6:21 pm

Don't really have a lot to say that I haven't said already. this is just to let bugs and (please let some god forbid) the D know guests can post in the boxing ring with a legit email. use a VPN and false name if you like...lol.
Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
68dave

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Guest who   The Q files...... EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Hello...Seems trolls won't even need an Email...will look into that.
Keep the language clean.
Back to top Go down
joebloggs

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Howard is not capable of implementing ground tracking or doing the proper field testing on the QED   The Q files...... EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 11:01 am

Howard is not capable of implementing   ground tracking or doing the  proper field testing on the QED and nor is Brian who is simply a yes man! Even dud has abandoned Howard and the QED as he now knows that what  Reg and others have said is largely true.  I think the  G Tracking  was not done to deceive or mislead.But Howard simply did not appreciate how difficult this task would be. Sadly Howard  continues to make changes in the QED firmware  with little or no field testing Howard always knows best! Sad
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 2:09 pm

joebloggs wrote:
Howard is not capable of implementing   ground tracking or doing the  proper field testing on the QED  I think the  G Tracking  was not done to deceive or mislead.But Howard simply did not appreciate how difficult this task would be. (

That may be partly true, but to announce auto tracking as a feature, and put the "mode 10 tracking" on the PL4 faceplate without even having a working prototype?
Coupled with the existing red AGB button that is also non functioning, and having to wait years for any result. His failure to admit defeat or even ask for help, and continued promises of "it's coming" while still selling machines... has become a bit much to call Naivety at the complexity of QED tracking. Rolling Eyes Smile
Back to top Go down
joebloggs

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Howard is not capable of implementing ground tracking or doing the proper field testing on the QED    The Q files...... EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 2:57 pm

“That may be partly true, but to announce auto tracking as a feature, and put the "mode 10 tracking" on the PL4 faceplate without even having a working prototype? “

IMO he did it to save money and like so much of the QED story rushed into the pl4 without any rational thought! IMO the MC used in the QED is not up to the task of AT.
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 8:12 am

Couldn't agree more..trying to put computer management on a steam engine.
The fact AGB couldn't be made to work as anything more than a mode switch, should have given concern. Instead he let his ego have access to his mouth. Rather than say oops, he continues with the charade, making things worse and worse with the interim updates and once a year testing interstate.

russ55 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 6:16 pm

May have to eat my words re the steam engine... Laughing
Seems Howard may have actually made a binary steam engine with a little puff.
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 3:47 pm

Unfortunately, though rudimentary tracking has been sighted...No further testing updates have been forthcoming.

Howard, being of a time in his life where he feels the cold, has been unable to get out..
Brian on the other hand I can find no excuses for, being the self proclaimed sole dealer tester. Rolling Eyes

DASENATOR 777 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 1:14 am

Apparently the GB that BS  asked for 20-40sucked..
So 1-300 Has been resumed.....

2 Years wasted because he thought it took too long???

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 8:24 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Do my eyes deceive?

Is Bugs back? Tag teaming with Dippy Dud??

I suppose he'll have plenty of time on his hands now...

Can't see a QED as a viable option for either entry level, hobbyist or experienced user, now the E1500 is out! Smile

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 10:10 pm

Ahh... Looks like it's back to blaming Reg for his failure to produce. scratch

When you rate the performance of a detector, you are selling to to customers based on it's ability to find gold.
There is no point in testing it with coins. Rolling Eyes

The get together of PL3 detectors was one I was present at. (while still even noobier than I am now)
And while all PL3 machines showed similar results with a 5c coin and a Sadie coil at the test bed air test. (surface target)
Field use and different coils did not show the same consistency.
Then with the release of PL4 and machines going out with different variations to accommodate the EMI issue, and Howards inability to properly record the variations made to each machine. Suddenly it was realised how much performance had been lost, and that there was no way to work out which combinations of software and hardware actually had been working and finding colour.

You couldn't get the changes taken out...I've been over all this I know.
Just seeing Howard post has triggered me, and it's good to vent.

Hi Howard. flower

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 7:31 am

Whisper is, Howard has been motivated by recent events, and is once again offering  a New update with working tracking and AGB. Wink

Goldman, perhaps a little wiser, claims that he needs to do more testing before it's released. In saying that though, Goldman has not offered or notified of any testing timetable, or any date at all for a release of said update. Rolling Eyes

So while the QED management renew the promises that have been ongoing and unfulfilled for years now..(since release of PL4)
Little actual sign of a working product is yet to be seen.
With the release of the E1500, it's bucket full of features that work, and being smack dab in the same price bracket. I think future QED sales will be hard to come by. The E1500 seems everything the QED aspired to be and more, even if a Q machine with usable tracking/agb is finally produced, it will only be of value to those who already own a QED. imo. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 11:46 pm

It would seem once again that talk of progress, is just that, nothing but talk. Rolling Eyes

With the same progress and promises being repeated, no actual testing, or testing updates, or testing videos have been sighted.
And this despite claims made by Howard of imminent release when questioned online recently..... Wink
Chief tester dealer general suckhole and yes man, Goldman, is off for his yearly sabbatical and "QED Testing" holiday to WA next month.(gotta pay for his 6000 Wink )
If anything like his last "testing trip", little if any testing or actual progress should be expected, until the 6000 has found enough to cover the trip.
Now you start to see why no testing get's done on these trips, his last 2 have failed to or barely covered costs.

There will be no point trying to sell a QED when he gets back...The E1500 will have clear performance and build advantage to take that part of the market, and make a new QED a joke, and used QEDs worth nothing.

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Howard's latest dribble   The Q files...... EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:47 am

It would seem Shane Newton (QED gold finder and latest expert.) has been suckered in by Howard's lies..
Still no tracking or AGB as promised! Rolling Eyes

But that's ok because a coin test proves everything Howard says.
I will just point out once again, that Factory reset is the same across all machines. Upgrades cannot be noticed in FR!
You cannot measure upgrade results or consistency in FR!!!
This is Howards BIGGEST CON!!!! lol!
The following is a conversation from FB showing Howard's deception.

Sadie Coin Test
A short video that shows "air test" depth / performance of a PL3 with PL4 software.I also tested my other PL3 with PL3 software and achieved the same results.
Howard Rockey
Admin
Top contributor
I was hoping that people with other brands would perform the same test and post the results... it hasn't happened.... what are they afraid of ?
2 d
Simon Muilwijk

Howard Rockey I don't mind doing it, as long as I can find the Aussie coins to do so, I also don't have the fancy PVC rig he's using in this video and with my tape's all being metal that's a bit of an issue. Which detectors are you interested in and with which coils, the same Sadie I would guess? I could probably use a plastic ruler that I could buy next time at a shop with one. I would guess nobody has bothered as nobody really cares about an air test on a coin, but I'd like to see the comparison results.
2 d
Edited
Howard Rockey
Admin
Top contributor
Simon Muilwijk Coins are readily available and consistent. The standard for the QED is after factory reset and Sadie coil 7" for both coins with $2 being falling pitch and 5c being rising pitch. No other detector manufacturer I know provides a performance test. What are they afraid of. A set of gold scales come with a target to allow calibration.
2 d
Simon Muilwijk

Howard Rockey So detectors with their stock coil on a 5c and $2 Australian coin? And the E1500 with the Sadie?
2 d
Howard Rockey
Admin
Top contributor
All manufacturers should provide some means of verifying peak performance.
2 d
Simon Muilwijk

Howard Rockey mass produced electronics should provide very similar results between units, especially digital equipment, coils may vary slightly but the PCB's should be near exactly the same.
2 d
Howard Rockey
Admin
Top contributor
Simon Muilwijk Best to be sure with a peak performance test regime.
2 d
Howard Rockey
Admin
Top contributor
A wooden or plastic ruler is all that is required.
2 d
Simon Muilwijk

Howard Rockey The flaw with the test is the Manticore in default settings outperforms the QED depths, yet, I'm not so sure as the ground gets bad the Manticore would retain that lead.
2 d
Howard Rockey
Admin
Top contributor
Simon Muilwijk For the test the detector needs to be in default mode / minimal performance. No settings revved up.
2 d
Edited
Shane Newton
Top contributor
Simon Muilwijk This test is for pulse induction metal detectors not vlf detectors. Vlf detectors air test very good until high mineralisation is brought into the mix.Even the manticore with multi IQ will loose depth in hot ground.👍
Regards Shane

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 5:09 pm

The Q files...... Screen15
Wow the latest spiel is that the qed pl4 will now have 2 tracking buttons or switches wtf lmao.
These 2 flogs brian and howard are def taking the piss now imho.
Buy an algoforce 1500 instead, stay well away from the garden shed designed and made qed imo.
A wet sock would be better than a qed.

Prickly Prospector and Araratgold like this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 12:12 am

lol! Sorry mate.. That "associated tracking function" is just QED speak for the AGB button may actually work!!
What's the bet testing is taking place on Brian's WA trip later this month!!? Very Happy
Same sh#T following year/s!! Rolling Eyes

DASENATOR 777 and Araratgold like this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 1:57 pm

My agb button actualy does its job on my pl1, on the pl4 not so much.
Yep will be tested on wa trip, then same excuse when he gets back, needs to be tweaked before release will be the spiel from them, that will give catflaps another 12 months of diddling around in his garden sheds.
Imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Q files...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Q files......   The Q files...... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Q files......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Just Detecting Aus :: Metal Detector Chat :: Personal Peeves-