Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

is the QED ready to work with ground balance

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yoyo

yoyo

is the QED ready to work with ground balance  Empty
PostSubject: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 8:22 pm

29 th march 2023 is the D-Day for final testing for the Ground balance that is purposively ready, we will know in the next 2 weeks and hope it's ready for the Bendigo Gold Show on the 15 - 16 of April 2023, so you might be able to get the update at the show , fingers cross
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 6:44 am

Hopefully not another case of dejavu, as I seem to recall the same being said before a certain QED expo a while back.
Will be interesting to see how performance is affected by any change.

ps. I notice you said Ground Balance? Did you mean Auto GB? I also notice no mention of tracking!?

yoyo and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 8:48 pm

Il believe thats rubbish when its in my hand.
Same bla bla bla every year since 2017 when i bought number 11 machine.

Prickly Prospector likes this post

Back to top Go down
yoyo

yoyo

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 9:36 pm

i hope to find out if its ready tomorrow night on the QED chat, will let every one know

Prickly Prospector and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
yoyo

yoyo

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 2:30 pm

QED update so far,  everything seems to be working well both ground balance and tracking , they had 1 glitch which was when they changed modes it had a glitch with tracking from what I can tell, but Howard has now fixed this and it will be quickly tested this weekend and if all is fine it will be ready for the firmware update, and it Howard may be able to do the update at the upcoming Gold Expo at Bendigo.

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 2:46 pm

Im not holding my breath on anything qed
Wonder how much depth will be lost with this so called update lol.
Im tempted to bet ya $100 nothing eventuates by the expo or next yrs expo in fact.
Howard and Brian have been saying the same for years.
I thought Brian was in tibbo at the moment anyway.
How about supplying a short video of this machine working with tracking. Cheers

Prickly Prospector and yoyo like this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 4:33 pm

yoyo wrote:
QED update so far,  everything seems to be working well both ground balance and tracking , they had 1 glitch which was when they changed modes it had a glitch with tracking from what I can tell, but Howard has now fixed this and it will be quickly tested this weekend and if all is fine it will be ready for the firmware update, and it Howard may be able to do the update at the upcoming Gold Expo at Bendigo.

I wouldn't touch it until it's been run in a few locations by someone other than laurel and hardy, and see what sort of overall performance he's rushing out. I honestly hope it works, it's long overdue, but we've heard all this before other events. Wait and see I guess. Smile

yoyo and DASENATOR 777 like this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 3:39 am

Perhaps Howard will finally deliver the machine he envisioned and promised so many times and begin his road to redemption. Smile

DASENATOR 777 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 7:48 am

Maybe one day Dave lol
Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 4:02 pm

Wasnt the new you beaut qed supposed to be cranking out the new updates this weekend, seems it must a been a big flop (as usual).
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 4:05 pm

Goldman supposed to be doing some field testing prior to Expo release.

DASENATOR 777 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DASENATOR 777

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 4:14 pm

Ok il cut em some slack then, nothing announced on the fb page that i could see about tracking.
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyFri May 19, 2023 1:09 am

19/05/2023....

Still coming....

Finalised version to be tested by BS (aka Brian Skinn) with the usual "It's working perfectly " prior to any testing...

As an owner of 2 QEDs, and a wishful thinker, I can only hope...! Smile

yoyo likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 7:39 am

Me too mate be good to have all the tricks at our fingertips
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 7:50 am

Just confirming I’ve been told Brian only gets back to town to receive his mail on Tuesday’s, so still a few days off him receiving the unit that was posted to him for “agb testing” last Tuesday 16/5/23 so we won’t know much for a good few days yet.
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 8:35 am

Rod Mahlberg wrote:
Just confirming I’ve been told Brian only gets back to town to receive his mail on Tuesday’s, so still a few days off him receiving the unit that was posted to him for “agb testing” last Tuesday 16/5/23 so we won’t know much for a good few days yet.

Wasn't aware he'd gone anywhere, but if it's on his yearly trip, I have a sinking feeling as it's like having the last few years on repeat.
Majority of machines are owned and used in Vic, yet all "testing" by BS is done on interstate trips on ground the detector rarely sees.
Past years using this method have failed miserably and actually cost the QED performance, not to mention the time lost as nothing can be moved on until his return. BS just doesn't spend enough time detecting and/or testing in the meantime, and both he and Howard have been putting the same line out for years in an effort to keep selling while attempting to justify their claims of coming upgrades, on the same circuit hardware that just keeps getting older. Harder and harder to remain positive for most who've heard it for several years.

Like buying a homemade car that you have to pedal because the engine isn't finished yet. It's a little cheaper than the others, and ok for short trips, but you can't wait for that engine upgrade so you can keep up on the highway. It's being tested elsewhere because the tester can't drive it in Vic and struggles to make headway but it's coming when he gets back.....

REG WILSON and russ55 like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 10:22 am

Look firstly I don’t know who I’m even replying to so this may be my last reply, however you look at it it still taken Minelab 40 years to develope their machines and they are all far from perfect on any scale, plus to update a ML means buying a newly released machine or paying upwards of $1500 to have it modded, I know Brian and Howard had logistical issues last year in between testing so it has held up the situation, Howard I’s happy and confident that the new aqg program works he’s simply waiting on a test in another state on hot ground to confirm what he has created and if it’s a go it’ll be officially announced and put into play but until then and I don’t believe then will be far away I’m sure there will still be sceptics and keyboard hero’s ready to play game 😃
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 1:12 pm

Keyboard heroes?? Try disgruntled owners, which covers every other member here. Each have had QEDs (and still have) for numerous years, and each has been fed the same crap you're being fed now. Post, don't post, I don't give a crap. But don't try and feed me more of the same crap I've been hearing since I bought my QED nearly 4 years ago. I too used to spruik the Q, but Howard and Brian have been promising tracking since the release of the PL4 and AGB hasn't been working since I bought my first one.

Don't get suckered into the ML comparison Howard likes to use, I'm yet to have One of my QEDs pay for itself, yet the $6k spent on a GPZ was back in my bank within 8 months.

PS. Brian has been testing out of state because he can't find gold in Victoria, and doesn't detect here unless he's being paid to do training or a tour. Neither of which has returned colour for the last few years at least, for anybody that attends or Brian himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 2:12 pm

Ok well I don’t know what’s the problem down there but I’ve found 1.2 ounces of gold with the QED in 15 months without tracking and without using agb I simply manual ground balance and start detecting, most the treads people talk about tracking on the 3500 to 5000s they used fixed so I don’t see the massive need for tracking anyhow
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 6:03 pm

I was following your finds Rod, before leaving the group. I posted a few myself before leaving so I'm not ignorant of the Q's abilities when used correctly. I congratulate you on your research and perseverance and the deserved rewards you have received.

But...Not all buyers have your ability, nor access to virgin ground. (grab yourself an SD2200 to pick up the big deep stuff the Q misses) and most struggle to find colour at all. So the timetable of promises made at purchase, and the visible buttons and writing of AGB and tracking, leave most noobs at a disadvantage when they don't appear.

Those who use fixed on the older ML machines still have the ability to auto track when required. Smile

REG WILSON likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptySun May 21, 2023 6:06 pm

Fair enough bud just hang on to the QED reigns a little longer I have faith you will be pleasantly rewarded
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyTue May 23, 2023 9:50 pm

David Dewey is my Facebook handle mate.
I was one of QED's most vocal across forums recently, as Either Prickly Prospector or Dave68. I Spent $800 on a 20 Xcoil and bought another PL3 machine based on initial results. Only to watch performance drop with the release of the PL4 and it's plastic case. The plastic gave little EMI protection compared to the metal cased PL3, and efforts to make it work..Upgrades Cost dramatic performance loss, though did gain usability. Experience and many broken deadlines, saw me take a loan and invest in a Z7000. Going over the same ground in Rushworth Vic has seen a return of over 4ozs in the first twelve mths, compared with 1/2 oz in the previous 18 with the QED and 10 Xcoil.
Throughout, the promise of working AGB and with the release of PL4 tracking has been ongoing and unseen. Having 3K and a bit of QEDs plus another 3k of coils sitting around useless is not something I'm pleased about. I had hoped Howard would at least have finalised AGB soon after I purchased the Z7 so I could teach my kids as to accompany me and get involved and out of the house.
Others with there own plans have also been disappointed.
Please excuse me if I don't share your enthusiasm. Smile

yoyo and REG WILSON like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyWed May 24, 2023 6:44 am

Completely understand your position Dave, tbh I’m unaware of the depth change with the PL4 abd problems with emi, i as you may have spotted have 2 PL3 machines both have different programs and I run different coils on each to attempt to find our goal targets. Well done on the 4 ounces in 12 months sounds like you’re onto a good area there. Did the Z take long to master?
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyWed May 24, 2023 8:57 am

The Z has an abundance of information and settings available, being a tried and tested machine. Mine has been rewarding me since the first time I took it out, and with more hours and experience the targets of all kinds increase. Performance is hard to top with both small and deep targets, no coil change required in the majority of cases. Standard coil is adequate, but the NF and Xcoil aftermarket coils add even more, though are an investment and not cheap if you don't use them.

REG WILSON likes this post

Back to top Go down
REG WILSON

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  EmptyThu May 25, 2023 1:08 pm

As an ex dealer I can completely agree with Dave's comments. I am inundated with QED owners that are totally pissed off with having their detectors 'dumbed down' by Howard and his so called updates, plus the broken promises re ground tracking. All they ask is for me to sell their QEDs for them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  Empty

Back to top Go down

is the QED ready to work with ground balance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next