Just Detecting Aus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for expressing your detecting highlights and lowlights with fellow detectorists of all levels of experience. Gaining any knowledge available.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

is the QED ready to work with ground balance

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 7:17 pm

Hi Reg, no disrespect as I do not know you but I’ve read all your ravings on prospecting Aus and I’ve heard many different opinions from many people regarding yourself and your relationship to the QED and what was and wasn’t so I as well as many do t take any cred to your replies. No offence
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 7:23 pm

A short update, Brian has the new program has tried it in 1 location and working, is waiting to get onto a big private property with multiple ground and soil types to put the new program through all types of locations and give a thorough test. Expect a fuller update next week cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 7:39 pm

REG WILSON wrote:
As an ex dealer I can completely agree with Dave's comments. I am inundated with QED owners that are totally pissed off with having their detectors 'dumbed down' by Howard and his so called updates, plus the broken promises re ground tracking. All they ask is for me to sell their QEDs for them.

Oh Reg, I believed your to be the No 1 QED patriot before you were sacked for being a incompetent dealer, you were happy to sell as many machines as you could but failed to deliver the training to any of the buyers, no wonder they all wanted you to give their money back mate 😃
Back to top Go down
REG WILSON

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 8:18 pm

Rod, with all due respect, you know sod all about the evolution of the QED, and you have found fuck all gold.
I was sacked because I blew the whistle on what Howard was doing with the QED.
You have been fed shit and have been inexperienced enough to believe it.
Some others that I fell out with have discovered that the story from Howard was twisted and now know the facts.
With half a brain you may some day learn the reality of what really happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 8:33 pm

Reg, I’m pretty sure I’ve found more gold In the past 24 months than you have, as far as your secret story please tell educate the uneducated
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 9:14 pm

While Reg can fend for himself, I will vouch for a multi ounce specimen Reg and James picked up. Can't remember if it was 14 or 40 oz as the forum it was posted on folded. But it was with a 6000 in the last 18mnths, and came with other bits.
Don't want you to stick too many feet in Rod..no offence
Back to top Go down
https://pricklygold.forumotion.com
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 9:29 pm

Rod Mahlberg wrote:
A short update, Brian has the new program has tried it in 1 location and working, is waiting to get onto a big private property with multiple ground and soil types to put the new program through all types of locations and give a thorough test. Expect a fuller update next week cheers

Proof will be in the Pudding we hope.
A big tell is how many finds he posts while away.
While AGB and tracking will be welcome (though late), if 12" is maximum depth regardless of coil on reasonable and realistic targets, it's still only a sales benefit, not a detecting one. IMO.
Back to top Go down
REG WILSON

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 10:47 pm

Rod, so you are pretty sure you have found more gold than I have in the last two years? Would you care to enlighten us as to how much gold you have actually found in that period?
Face facts. You are just a 'Johnny come lately' in the prospecting game and a lightweight at that.
It might be a good move to pull your head in before you make a total fool of yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2023 5:26 am

Indeed Reg I’m no old timer prospector, old timer I’m getting there but prospecting only coming into 4 years or so, I’m my own person not a joint venture or find with a mate I’ve found 3.2 ounces of nsw gold, maybe you have found more? If so congrats to you my own motivation towards your reply cones from reading all your kicks and punches against the 2 machines I use abd have learnt to tune as well as I believe they can be. I manual gb and always have. The tracking is an interesting feature but it’ll only aid those who have no idea how to tune and gb the machine themselves. Just confirming once tracking is on that’s it it’s continually ground balancing and changing there’s no agb “as well” as such it’s either tracking on in 1 of 2 speeds or tracking off and your best to MGB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2023 8:45 pm

Oh sorry Reg 😃 🎣
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2023 10:18 pm

Hey Rod, by my reckoning you've found more gold with the QED than the Goldman!
Be interesting to see how he goes in your state. If history repeats, his wife will find the majority with her GPX 6000. And while I don't believe Brian has ever claimed Q gold that wasn't, I also struggle to believe he spends the majority of swing time with the QED, and actually swings and finds with ML in hand, and simply credits his wife.

As others have pointed out..what sort of QED and NF Coil dealer buys his wife a competition machine, while recommending the QED as a gold machine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2023 7:30 am

Hi Prickly, dunno mate I have never spoken to Brian myself I’ve watched a few vids of his when I was learning to tune etc. I found the majority of my gold in 1 location in a stretch of creek on the edges and deep in the river stones some on bends and sone mid stream I was very lucky I believe a big flood ripped up a source in the middle of a bend on a small creek so I simply prospect up and down it now due to 2 more big floods hitting the area and completely tearing the creek up each time. I’ve found a little gold at Wattle Flat and Sunny Corner to but pittence compared to my main spot.
As for Brian coming to NSW I’m not aware of that either. I know most of us have a QED and some other brand of PI or VLF I suppose he wanted to buy sonething he could hand his wife and be done with, I wouldn’t mind having a go with a 6000 either I simply do t want to spend $7k on 1 yet maybe when I stop finding gold with the QED if that ever happens. I’ll attempt to post a pick of some of my finds
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2023 7:45 am

This years trip was Tibooburra I was told, after last years small WA return, and as for buying a 6000...
If you can't teach your partner how to use the QED and get a return, and you're not finding colour yourself, how can you sell and make claims about the QED Question

REG WILSON likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 7:34 am

I've seen some of your finds Rod, with QED and some of your VLF. You definitely hit some nice pockets. Should the QED regain the depth of its youth, I think you'll see more return. Any finds posts are welcome:)

To give you an idea of the potential. Here is a link to finds made by two previous testers before upgrades to try and  better WA performance began. (10 pages or so)

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/4255-gold-found-with-qed/?fbclid=IwAR3aDJ2BE6XbwNjQ3kyBGjd68aukSFPxSmWdptRO4CUo8FJXw2aeMb2k-FQ#comments

Last edited by Prickly Prospector on Sun May 28, 2023 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 7:45 am

I don’t own VLFs anymore not that I think they are pointless I just prefer the pi machines and have done for over 12 months now. A few times now you and others have mentioned depth imbues with the QED? I know personally in Jan this year I dug a 2 1/2 foot on the bend of a creek under water abd large pebbles only to find a part of a old Tin can and and I’ve dug many targets at 12” but most of what I’ve found has been between 6-12” when what a d how happened to the depth capabilities of the QED I have had no knowledge of this except on this forum
Back to top Go down
Prickly Prospector
Admin
Prickly Prospector

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 8:19 am

As the QED FB page is also a rolling advertisement, negative comments and angry customers are removed.
The politics of detecting saw members start their own FB page recently, https://www.facebook.com/groups/793582197951427
For all detectors and users and gold seeking hobbyists,, I started this Forum in an effort to archive some of the info and links, for all the repeat queries, and free from oversight at FB so we can have a whinge now and again without being banned.

Loss of depth and performance has been an issue since Howard started tinkering with settings to allow better WA usability, but wasn't telling customers or dealers, and trying different things on each machine, resulting in inconsistent performance. Further issues arose with the plastic PL4 and the promise of tracking, efforts to speed up release saw a noisy machine released. Further efforts to Quiet the machine saw further loss in performance, with the promises of AGB and tracking ongoing.

These are my experiences and observations first hand, and with the sole dealer and tester having to leave the state for six months every time a change needs testing, and customer/user feedback is ignored or discredited.... I got sick of waiting.

edit: Others who don't have success and can't afford another option, lose interest in detecting altogether.

yoyo, REG WILSON and russ55 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is the QED ready to work with ground balance    is the QED ready to work with ground balance  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

is the QED ready to work with ground balance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2